Confucius said that learning without reflection is a waste; reflection without learning is dangerous. We agree.
In this special episode of the Building Bridges Podcast we take a step back to reflect on what we have learned so far. The episode weaves together excerpts from previous discussions around eight key points:
- The nature of work is changing.
- Risk is unavoidable; organizations need to accept that and make choices in spite of the risks.
- It’s important to understand systems in a holistic way if you want to make change.
- Innovation requires both commitment and experimentation.
- We can expect new roles to emerge over time
- Leaders are often only as good as their teams.
- Large companies often struggle to be entrepreneurial, but smaller companies need to respect what they can gain from larger organizations too.
- A good leader is open-minded, humble, and always learning and growing.
We encourage you to reflect on these themes—and to go back and listen to any of the thought-provoking conversations you might have missed. For a complete list, go to www.skybridge.associates/podcast.